As a result of a Corporate Social Responsibility initiative by the Gates Foundation to increase access to medicines to under-served populations in Ghana, a multi-national pharmaceutical company has been selected to spearhead the program in Ghana, and has a vacancy for a CSR Program Director. I would appreciate it if you could pass this on to your network of contacts and let me know if you have anyone who fits the bill. Interested candidates can email their CVs email@example.com by Monday 15th Oct. Thank you for your assistance. Have a great weekend.
- Support the Steering Committee to implement, monitor and achieve the objectives of the Access and Affordability Pilot Program in Ghana (the Program), including to:
- Demonstrate the commitment of participating pharmaceutical companies to expanding access to medicines for under-served populations;
- Determine the feasibility of creating a public policy environment to facilitate the broader use of differential pricing as a tool to improve the affordability of medicines;
- Serve as a credible model for replication by the government throughout Ghana; and
- Foster action-oriented Program engagement in the Program by other government and non-government stakeholders.
- implement, monitor and otherwise manage the Program in Ghana and ensure that it is successful, replicable and sustainable.
- organize and oversee individuals and teams who will support implementation of the Program. In addition, he/she will serve as the key contact point for the Steering Committee to ensure that relevant and necessary Program progress and other relevant information is shared with and understood by relevant stakeholders.
- interact and work with the relevant stakeholders in order to undertake and coordinate activities consistent with the Program objectives.
- responsible for identifying, developing and taking advantage of partnership opportunities with other corporations, funding agencies and NGO groups that will help build momentum for the Program, its implementation and success.
- communicate Program milestones as appropriate to key audiences in order to ensure continued support for the Program.
- effectively develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders in government, the academe, civil society and the media.
- Bachelors degree in politics/economics/health sciences; candidates with other relevant qualifications (e.g., public health)- Master’s Degree preferred
- Successful track record and extensive experience in implementing complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Strong policy background and understanding of access to medicines issues, health care, financing and insurance systems (public and private), and the goals and programs of relevant agencies including the MoH and the GHS, associations, faith-based organizations and civil society
- Project Management Finance Monitoring & Evaluation certification
At least Five (5) years experience in government relations or regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, or in NGOs/international funding agencies or extensive experience in government or, Ten (10) years experience in a senior capacity in an established NGO or funding agency
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including English)
- Problem solving
- Results orientation
- Planning and project management
- Interpersonal effectiveness
Strong leadership and high level of maturity;honest and credible; successful and with excellent interpersonal skills; innovative and creative.