Visiting Professor program to UST
Thank you for visiting this page. The Visiting Professor Program has been established by dedicated former students of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Kumasi, Ghana). This is a very effective and dynamic academia voluntary service to our Alma Mata. The program invites anyone who is interested to help to promote and sustain it academic excellence at KNUST.
For additional information contact S.P. Owusu-Ofori (the coordinator). On-line participant registration environment is coming soon – just visit here often. Thank you for visiting. You may click here to view a photo album of the Visiting Professors. (This page is under construction - visit often for updates) .....
To enable each department at KNUST develop collaborations with at least one of its alumnus in the Diaspora for the exchange of curricula and scholarly ideas.
- To assist KNUST in fulfilling its instructional obligations.
- To assist KNUST graduate student advisors in their supervisory duties.
Expectations of Participants
- Teach a course identified by KNUST as needing assistance
- Deliver lectures/seminars in areas identified by KNUST
- Review and recommend graduate and research programs
- Serve as an external examiner/assessor for both Under Graduate and Graduate programs.
- Air transportation from US location to Accra (subject to availability of funds)
- Overnight accommodation in Accra prior to the trip to Kumasi
- Transportation from Accra to Kumasi
- Boarding and lodging in Kumasi
- Internal/Local transportation while in Kumasi
- Transportation from Kumasi to KIA at the end of the program
Process for Pilot Program
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
- Establish database of KNUST alumni in academia and government labs.
- Obtain list of needs from KNUST
- Courses (Description & Outline)
- Number of students in the class
- Contact person (name, position, email, tel. number)
- Match KNUST needs with expertise.
- Contact potential participants and obtain commitments
- Provide information to KNUST
- Participant vita
- Course to be taught
- Availability and Travel Plans
- Submit teaching schedule to KNUST
- Revised outline with estimated number of hours
- Number of days needed
- Instructor needs (computer, LCD projector, etc.)
- KNUST makes arrangement for airline tickets
- Participants communicate with KNUST contact regarding course work and any logistics
- Need to find ways to financially sustain the program.
- Program seems to work better with graduate courses.
- Consider running the program in the summer and increase the period to four weeks
- An MOU between KNUST and the Alumni Association to institutionalize program continuity
Name: S.P. Owusu-Ofori (SPOO)
PhD Mechanical Engineering, and Professor
Location: Department of Mechanical Engineering
North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro NC 27411 USA
Contact: Office: 336-334-7620 x 342; Cell: 336-210-3022